We had two or three members show up to help each day Thursday, Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday. I will not be there Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
except to deliver the filters unless something really big comes up. I
plan to be there to work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at
09:00. Please let me know if you can come help.
We have a 3-inch core hole saw for the concrete wall, but need an arbor
or the whole thing. Anybody have one? We also need it to drill the
hole for the sump pump and the fire suppression system.
We got the box covered with two coats of concrete sealer, and one
coat of ECOBOND Lead Barrier Primer by this afternoon. I conned my wife
to exchange a trip to the Hamburger Stand for going in with me tonight
as my safety, and I got the final coat of white semi-gloss exterior paint
on all the walls and ceiling sprayed on and everything cleaned up at
21:30. The only paint in the box left to do is the stripe on the wall
for the rubber level marking.
We got the frame for the backstop rubber support cut on Friday and
installed on Saturday. We left one joist out so we can still use a
ladder there for putting stuff together, such as the back debris
deflector and the big debris deflector under the fan inlet We still have
to add 8 more supports on the back wall but they will only take a little
time to do.
Mike Arnold got the baffles for the support bent and delivered.
We got the fan, shutter and hour meter on Friday. I will go get the
primary filters on Monday or Tuesday. We can start assembling the
filter holders and fan housing now and work on the duct in the fan house.
I met with the rep from Arapahoe Fire Protection on Friday to discuss
our dry sprinkler system. We will have to drill a 3 inch hole in the
wall for the pipe and dig a ditch from the wall of the box to the Fence.
We also need to replace the breaker box (antique and no space for another
breaker) and add a plug in the box for the sump pump. Then we can
install the sump pump once we get the hole in the wall drilled.
We need to install the shutoff for the air inlet in the tube. We still
need to pull the roof off and clean the box and glue the insulation back
in place and install bug screens on it.
So we have lots left to do. But there is light at the end of the tunnel
and, with the new paint, it is bright!