Rifle Tube Update from reopening on July 23, 2016 – January 31, 2017
Different caliber/types recorded as fired: 99
Rounds recorded as fired: 22,597
Grains of projectiles recorded as fired: 2,071,637
Pounds of projectiles recorded as fired: 295.95 (Average of approximately 47.5 pounds per month. Add approx. 15% for non recorded shots = approx. 52 pounds per month.
Next best guess at a scheduled clean out of the backstop at approximately
2500 pounds of projectiles in the backstop would be in the Spring of 2020)
Air Filters changed 10 times.
Camera antenna hit twice, cut the cable.
Camera Power cable hit and cut once
Target holder sticks shot 3 time each
Both Chrono Light mounts hit at least twice
There is an update to the Bullseye Camera Target Manager Software. Be sure to update the one on your phone as it allows you to record screen shots of the targets at each round.
Yesterday, the House State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee considered House Bill 1097, legislation to repeal the 2013 anti-self-defense law that limits the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold. Unfortunately, the House committee voted on a party-line vote to defeat the bill and continue to prevent law-abiding Coloradans from being able to effectively defend themselves and their loved ones.
On Wednesday, January 11, the Colorado General Assembly begins its 2017 Legislative Session. It is important that gun owners and sportsmen across the state of Colorado stay actively involved throughout the New Year as well as stay-tuned to NRA-ILA email alerts and www.NRAILA.org as the session progresses.
Your NRA-ILA will continue to work hard to promote and protect your Second Amendment rights, and keep you updated on the status of legislation impacting your Second Amendment rights in Colorado.
Want to know how guns really work? Check out this new infographic done in partnership with OutdoorHub and the National Rifle Association.
Do you get frustrated with all those pesky safety rules when you shoot your gun at the range or take it hunting? Do you dislike having to remember all those safety practices drilled into you when you took a training course?
Did you ever take a training course? Maybe this guy should have!! THIS is why safety is so important when you carry, handle or shoot a loaded gun.
View Mr. Trump’s position:
- Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
- Nominate United States Supreme Court justices that will abide by the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States that includes upholding the Second Amendment.
- Enforce the laws on the books. We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals.
- Expand and bring back programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.
- Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement does a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time.
- Fix our broken mental health system. All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We must expand treatment programs, and reform the laws to make it easier to take preventive action to save innocent lives. Most people with mental health problems are not violent, but just need help, and these reforms will help everyone.
- Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:
– Military bases and recruiting centers – to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
– National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
– Background checks – we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
– Gun and magazine bans – the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own