ccgc_logo

Cherry Creek Gun Club, Inc.

History



Cherry Creek Gun Club was established on April 21, 1950 as The South Platte Chapter of the Isaac Walton League of America, formally affiliated with the National Rifle Association to promote “the use and care of firearms.”

The League purchased the never-completed or used Sullivan Dam, south of Denver, and built a clubhouse with indoor firing range, a 300-yard high-power rifle range, a 25-position 50-yard outdoor pistol range, and a shotgun range. In 1955, the League formally changed its name to Cherry Creek Gun Club.

Population pressure forced the Club to move from Sullivan Dam to its current location on South Clinton Street in East Denver in 1979, where it built the current clubhouse, a state-of-the-art 20-bay, 25-yard indoor pistol and smallbore rifle range, and an underground 100-yard rifle range.

 

Comprehensive Club History
Researched and compiled by Chuck Towne

Club Milestones
Compiled by Michael Thomas