On Wednesday, January 11, the Colorado General Assembly begins its 2017 Legislative Session. It is important that gun owners and sportsmen across the state of Colorado stay actively involved throughout the New Year as well as stay-tuned to NRA-ILA email alerts and www.NRAILA.org as the session progresses.
Your NRA-ILA will continue to work hard to promote and protect your Second Amendment rights, and keep you updated on the status of legislation impacting your Second Amendment rights in Colorado.
Do you get frustrated with all those pesky safety rules when you shoot your gun at the range or take it hunting? Do you dislike having to remember all those safety practices drilled into you when you took a training course?
Did you ever take a training course? Maybe this guy should have!! THIS is why safety is so important when you carry, handle or shoot a loaded gun.
View Mr. Trump’s position:
- Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
- Nominate United States Supreme Court justices that will abide by the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States that includes upholding the Second Amendment.
- Enforce the laws on the books. We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals.
- Expand and bring back programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.
- Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement does a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time.
- Fix our broken mental health system. All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We must expand treatment programs, and reform the laws to make it easier to take preventive action to save innocent lives. Most people with mental health problems are not violent, but just need help, and these reforms will help everyone.
- Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:
– Military bases and recruiting centers – to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
– National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
– Background checks – we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
– Gun and magazine bans – the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own
But last night you showed the world that America will once again be a country of, for, and by the PEOPLE.
You fought like a winner, you defied all odds, and history will forever remember the role you played in taking our country back.
I never could’ve done it without you, Friends. Thank you
Last night we learned that America is still a beacon of hope where the impossible is possible.
For far too long, we’ve heard Washington politicians give the excuse that “it can’t be done.”
- we can’t balance the budget,
- we can’t stop corruption,
- we can’t control the border,
- we can’t bring jobs back to our country.
I REFUSE to accept that it can’t be done. This is the country
that declared its independence, won two world wars, and landed a man on the moon. This is America. We can and we WILL get it done.
Now it’s time to start uniting our country and binding the wounds of our divided nation. I promise to be a president for ALL Americans. I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will win for you.
You will soon remember what it’s like to win as an American.